12/23/2008

Sugar Cookies

Okay, so I've been looking for a really good sugar cookie recipe for years! I'd tried recipe books, getting online, and couldn't find the ones like "Grandma" used to make until..............last semester. Nurses like to eat so we have potlucks. Last Christmas, I had an instructor that brought in such good sugar cookies that we swore she had to have bought them from a local bakery. They were soft, tasty and made your taste buds go wild!! So, yesterday, the kids and made the cookies from the recipe that she gave me and OH MY GOSH they are awesome!!!! Better than any sugar cookie I've ever tasted and to top it off, I finally found a sugar cookie frosting recipe that after fiddling with it I LOVE!!! My husband came home from work and was addicted to them. So, I've decided to share the recipes with the rest of you. I apologize for not having any pictures, but I need to charge the batteries.

Sugar Cookies:

1 1/4 cup sugar
2 sticks of butter, softened
cream together
Add 2 eggs
1 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
3 3/4 cup of flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Mix all of the ingredients together. Chill the dough for several hours. Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins. Then roll and shape. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled and freezes very well!!! Makes 4-5 dozen cookies.

Frosting:

I always make a lot of frosting, but you can definitely half the recipe.

2/3 cup Crisco or softened butter
2lb confectioners sugar
About 1/4 cup milk (may need more depending on how moist you like your frosting)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Food coloring

1 comment:

Dover Fam said...

sounds tasty! I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing. Those are Adams fav!
Thanks for voting for my tree.