5/28/2009

To Watch or Not To Watch


Okay, so I'm pretty torn right now and the rest of you probably can help me. You see, in June, the girls and I will be taking a trip to the Stranahan in Toledo to watch Mama Mia! on stage. Now, here's the dilemma. On Dish Network right now, I can order for ALL DAY viewing the movie for $1.99. I"ve wanted to see the movie for so long, but don't know if the movie will ruin the stage show. I've told myself since the movie came out in theaters that I should probably wait to see it on stage first and then the movie and I've been good about that. BUT it's so inexpensive right now and it's so tempting.....What do you think????? Should I wait and then rent it later from the video store once I've seen the show????

4 comments:

Dover Fam said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. I have watched it over and over and over again. But if I were you I would watch the stage show first. I haven't ever seen the stage show but I would give anything to see it. Please let me know how it is....that will be so fun. So, if I were you and had my tickets in hand. I would wait.......hope that helps

Sutton Family said...

haven't seen it yet, so not much help, but was wondering what part of ohio you lived in. I'm planning on visiting family out that way this summer and it'd be cool to meet up!

Christie said...

To be honest, I don't think it would make a difference. Would you go see the musical of Grease after you've already seen the movie version? I would. But that's just me. I don't think it is like reading a book then seeing the movie.

Active Ackleys said...

okay, so I didn't watch the movie while it was on Dish network for 1.99. I'm holding out. I want to see the stage production first and then the movie since that's what it was originally made for.I decided to go in without any expectations. June 20th is the show and June 21st I will be renting the movie.