7/31/2009

Mamma Mia!

Okay, so this month, I finally watched the movie Mamma Mia! Although entertaining, I was not completely impressed. I am, however, thankful that I saw the stage show before seeing the movie. I'm not sure I would've paid the money had I seen the movie first. Don't get me wrong, the movie was entertaining. The stage show is just soooooo much better. The scenes were better acted out on stage. Plus, the movie cut out a few parts of the original stage show. Parts that I think are needed in the movie. The actors on stage seem slightly closer to the age of the play characters. It was really hard to watch Meryl Streep and Peirce Brosnan in those parts. The part of the movie where the actress sings Does Your Mother Know is waaaaaaay better on stage. It's hilarious and a touch more dramatic. Of course, this is just my opinion and a very inexperienced one at that. So, if you've seen the movie...........go to the theater and watch it on stage, It's MUCH better.

No comments: