8/24/2008

Back to school cake

This year, Kaitlyn began kindergarten. When the kids each began kindergarten we make a special snack or dessert that celebrates the occasion. This year being Kaity's turn, we decided to once again make a school bus cake. It didn't turn out as well as it did last time since I used a plate instead of a board to do the decorating on. Anyways, it's a lot of fun to make and tastes very good also. I use my own cake mix instead of store bought, but either way it's a very good cake. The pictures make it look smaller than what it really is. You can be so creative with it too. I use icing for all of the decorating, except for the wheels (oreo cookies), but I've seen gum drops and licorice used also.

I will definitely supply directions and the recipes I use if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

Dover Fam said...

Super cute cake!! I love decorating fun cakes. I did a lady bug one for BayLee one year and had a blast. That is such a great idea, a cake for kindergarten, I like it. :)

Sutton Family said...

It's adorable!!! I can not bake for some reason. I tried making plain cupcakes for Gwen's dance school and they were un-edible! I had to run to Albertson's to buy some on the way there! I am totally envious of your talents...