8/11/2008

OOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!


Okay, so this is how I felt today. As a nursing student working in the clinical environment, you are required to keep your shots up to date. In addition, a yearly physical and TB test is required. So, today I had my TB. Talk about OW. On top of that, it wouldn't stop bleeding. Why is it that I don't think twice when I stick a needle in someone else, but stick one in me and I freak. Now, I wait and on Thursday I will return to the health department to have it signed off. On the brighter side, I don't have to go back for a TB for another year. Now, today reminded me that my son is turning 11 next month and will require 2 shots, the DTaP and the new menningococal. My husband will be taking the day off for that one. Nathan is almost comical the way he reacts with immunizations. A couple of years ago he had to receive a TB skin test so that I could do at home daycare. He screamed like a banshee and ran around the place. He was so out of control that he inadvertantly hit Tim's cell phone, which called the house and recorded the whole incident on the answering machine at home. His little brother and sister didn't even flinch when they received theirs. So, that is what we have to look forward to next month for Nathans immunizations.

1 comment:

Dover Fam said...

I HATE shots. I am such a baby. The day I was going home after having Mia they had me get up to date on my shots and I had to squeeze the nurses hand. HELLO I just had given birth and I was afraid of a needle. Silly me.