11/01/2008

I'm such a bad mom!!!

Here he is, our green-eyed monster! I feel so bad that I didn't get this posted on his birthday. The end of the week was so crazy. Between halloween treats for school, clinical at Blanchard Valley, SNA meeting, and trick or treating (we had ours on Thursday night) I lost track of time and wasn't able to get this posted.
So, here he is! This is Nathan. Our "Bill Nye the Science Guy" You can ask just about anything related to science, math, and social studies and I bet he has the answer. I think now that he's 11 and in the 5th grade, we will fill out the paper work for Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader. He wants to try out for it and I think he has a pretty good chance. Nathan picked up playing the trombone this year and absolutely LOVES IT!!! He has changed so much in just a year. Last year, he was constantly in trouble for talking and not turning in his homework on time.......he was bored, but this year, he's finally buckling down and gaining more responsiblity and maturity. His school watches a Growth and Puberty video in 5th grade (Tim and I watched it together to make sure that it wasn't anything that we don't approve of and also to prepare for any questions that might arise afterwards). Anyways, I told my husband he couldn't watch, he was too young, then, I realized that he is going to be twelve next year and some of his friends have already begun going through the change. Tell me it's not possible!!! He can't be that age. He's still supposed to be my baby! Anyways, we're very proud of him and pray for nothing but the best for his future!









No comments: