11/09/2008

What a Day

My kids are very attached to both sets of grandparents. We've been so blessed to have had my dad out here for awhile to visit. I think he really missed his trains though. That is his new career, I'd call it a hobby, but he's even working at the train store for free and discounted train supplies. He has a new showing coming up on the 14th. A BIG layout display that he's in charge of. Anyways, the kids were so upset that he was leaving. They followed him to the end of the driveway and watched until his truck was out of sight. Anyways, last night my daughter says "now I can't argue with him over who is the ugliest." So she pauses for a moment and says "hey, I can call him every day and tell him how ugly he is." I don't know why but she gets a big kick out of being called ugly by her grandpa. It's been going on for weeks. As soon as she walks through the door after school she says, my mom told me you're the ugliest!!! What did I ever do to get caught up in the middle of it. So, yesterday he left to head back to Colorado and the kids were upset. Kaity the most I think. She sat in the house crying and then moped around all morning. Have a safe trip home dad!

1 comment:

Sutton Family said...

that is so funny about the ugliest thing. so cute.