10/18/2008

My Husband the Craftsman

My husband has begun another project in on the house. He has so far completed the bathroom upstairs, the boys' room, Kaity's room and the TV room. He does such awesome work and it looks so beautiful when it's completed. Just a little historyy, the home we are living in has been in my mom's family for many years. My great grandma lived in this home and then when my mom was a first grader, her family moved here. Then, in 2006 my family moved here. It's a home full of so many memories and a home that needs work. So here are some pictures of before Tim started tearing down the ceiling and smoothing out the walls. The walls are made of solid plaster and so our plan is to try to restore it.
The following are pictures taken after Tim tore down the ceiling. He will be replacing it with 3/8" drywall. No plaster on the ceiling. It was so messy when he was done so I waited until he was cleaning. Oh, I guess I failed to mention that this is the front entryway of the home.


Stay tuned for updates as Tim turns this into a beautifully restored entryway.

3 comments:

Dover Fam said...

That looks like fun!!! I love remodeling-the demolition part is my favorite!!!

Sutton Family said...

Your house has great bones! It's going to look great when Tim gets done!! how fun. also, I noticed that you have never been to Idaho on your places visited- you guys are more than welcome for a visit any time!!!! and I'm a skip and a jump away from Washington- so you could get two states out of the visit... :-) Summers are awesome here!!

Active Ackleys said...

I would love to come to Idaho. I left Washington empty because I was only there as a very young (too young to have any memories of it) girl so it doesn't count. I graduate Dec 2009, so maybe that can be our first vacation. Idaho and Washington. My cousin lives in Washington and he and his wife just had a baby so that would be perfect!!! We'll have to talk when it gets closer to that time.