1/07/2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!

I don't know about you, but now that school is back in session, I find that my life is back to being busy. I have to find quick meals to make for my family and convenient ways to clean. While the kids and I are in school, I make a lot of crockpot meals. I try to make them healthy, but always tasty. This is one of our favorite meals to have from the crockpot. You just throw it together in the morning and it's finished in 8-10hrs.

Pulled Pork

3-4 lbs boneless port roast (shoulder or butt) The less the fat the better. I usually cut as much fat off as I can.
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 jar (18oz) barbecue sauce
Mix them all together
1 med onion sliced
1 med green pepper sliced (optional)

Put the onion and green pepper on bottom of crockpot and then the pork on top of that.
Finally, just pour the mixture over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. You know it's done when it falls apart and shreds easily with a fork.

We serve this with steamed brown rice and tortillas, but it's also good on whole wheat buns. The kids LOVE them!!! Sorry I don't have a picture, guess I didn't think about it.

No comments: